- Our Principles
- Personal Information Your Formula Life Collects
- What Your Formula Life does with the Personal Information
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
- Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- Third-Party Sites
- Special Note to International Users
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information Your Formula Life Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you subscribe to one of our email lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the blogs we make available.
What Your Formula Life does with Personal Information
Purchasing. We use the personal information you provide to us during your online purchasing process. Your email address is retained in association with your account and historical purchase information.
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”).
When you subscribe to our newsletter, events list or one of our email discussion lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by mailchimp.com (http://mailchimp.com/). You may unsubscribe from any such lists as and when you require.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”)’ practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites or services.
If Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Your Formula Life is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
All websites, including yourformulalife.com have security risks in addition to those described above. Among other things, websites can be vulnerable to DNS attacks, and using any website requiring registration may increase the risk of phishing. See Internet privacy on Wikipedia.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
No Linking. We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Websites are being used, to improve our Websites and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. Your Formula Life may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Websites for those same purposes.
No Retention. Your Formula Life discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above;
Notice. If Your Formula Life (“Your Formula Life”) is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information, then Your Formula Life will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless Your Formula Life is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United Kingdom. If you are accessing the Websites from the United States, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from UK laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the UK which does not have the same data protection laws as the US and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United Kingdom as indicated above.
Effective Date: 1 January 2012